Main Article Content
Research on behavioral factors influencing website quality has resulted in user-centered website design methods. User Experience (UX) research and design are promising in identifying users’ needs, requirements, expectations, and desires to enhance their satisfaction with digital products and services. This study employs User Experience Honeycomb to understand the user aspects and utilizes Technological Pedagogical Content (TPC) for a systematic redesign of the content of a user-centered website. The website of Suomen Yrittäjät, the umbrella association of Finnish SME entrepreneurs, is the context of the case study in Finland and the data is collected from immigrant entrepreneurs with the user-experience method. The data is analyzed based on TPC components. The content of website is redesigned based on TPCD assuming immigrants as adult self-learners who learn knowledge and attitudes about entrepreneurship in Finland through the Suomen Yrittäjät website. This learning and knowledge-transfer process are argued to increase their cultural adaptation into the Finnish society. The novelty of TPCD is a pedagogical view on users to learn information, values, and skills through web pages. TPCD is a practical model offering systematic instructions to utilize user-experience methods for designing user-centered websites and other digital services.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The author declares that the submitted to Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society (Je-LKS) is original and that is has neither been published previously nor is currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
The author agrees that SIe-L (Italian Society of e-Learning) has the right to publish the material sent for inclusion in the journal Je-LKS.
The author agree that articles may be published in digital format (on the Internet or on any digital support and media) and in printed format, including future re-editions, in any language and in any license including proprietary licenses, creative commons license or open access license. SIe-L may also use parts of the work to advertise and promote the publication.
The author declares s/he has all the necessary rights to authorize the editor and SIe-L to publish the work.
The author assures that the publication of the work in no way infringes the rights of third parties, nor violates any penal norms and absolves SIe-L from all damages and costs which may result from publication.
The author declares further s/he has received written permission without limits of time, territory, or language from the rights holders for the free use of all images and parts of works still covered by copyright, without any cost or expenses to SIe-L.
For all the information please check the Ethical Code of Je-LKS, available at http://www.je-lks.org/index.php/ethical-code
- Abras, C., Maloney-Krichmar, D., & Preece, J. (2004). User-centered design. Bainbridge, W. Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 37(4), 445-456.
- Abuaddous, H. Y., Jali, M. Z., & Basir, N. (2016). Web accessibility challenges. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 7(10), 172-181. Retrieved from: https://thesai.org/Downloads/Volume7No10/Paper_23-Web_Accessibility_Challenges.pdf
- Agrawal, A. K., & Rahman, Z. (2019). CCV scale: Development and validation of customer co-created value scale in e-services. Current Psychology, 38(3), 720-736. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-017-9639-z
- Albelbisi, N. A. (2020). Development and validation of the MOOC success scale (MOOC-SS). Education and Information Technologies, 25(5), 4535-4555. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-020-10186-4
- Busalim, A. H., Hussin, A. R. C., & Iahad, N. A. (2019). Factors influencing customer engagement in social commerce websites: A systematic literature review. Journal of theoretical and applied electronic commerce research, 14(2), 1-14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4067/S0718-18762019000200102
- Business Data Platform (2021). Retrieved from: https://datareportal.com/global-digital-overview
- Cruz, E. P., Falcao, R. P. Q., & Barreto, C. R. (2018). Exploring the evolution of ethnic entrepreneurship: the case of Brazilian immigrants in Florida. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research 24(5), 971-993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEBR-08-2016-0239
- Camilleri, M.A. (2021), E-commerce websites, consumer order fulfillment and after-sales service satisfaction: the customer is always right, even after the shopping cart check-out, Journal of Strategy and Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JSMA-02-2021-0045.
- Candela, M., Luconi, V., & Vecchio, A. (2020). Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Internet latency: A large-scale study. Computer Networks, 182, 107495. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2020.107495
- Chai, C. S., & Koh, J. H. L. (2017). Changing teachers’ TPACK and design beliefs through the Scaffolded TPACK Lesson Design Model (STLDM). Learning: research and Practice, 3(2), 114-129. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/23735082.2017.1360506.
- Dang, D. (2020). Developing a website with user experience. Retrieved from: https://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/353204.
- Davis, F. D., Bagozzi, R. P., & Warshaw, P. R. (1989). User acceptance of computer technology: A comparison of two theoretical models. Management science, 35(8), 982-1003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- Diederich, S., Brendel, A. B., Morana, S., & Kolbe, L. (2022). On the design of and interaction with conversational agents: An organizing and assessing review of human-computer interaction research. Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 23(1), 96-138. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17705/1jais.00724
- El Junusi, R. (2020). Digital Marketing During the Pandemic Period; A Study of Islamic Perspective. Journal of Digital Marketing and Halal Industry, 2(1), 15-28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21580/jdmhi.2020.2.1.5717
- Effenberger, M., Kronbichler, A., Shin, J. I., Mayer, G., Tilg, H., & Perco, P. (2020). Association of the COVID-19 pandemic with internet search volumes: a Google TrendsTM analysis. International Journal of Infectious Diseases, 95, 192-197. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2020.04.033
- Garett, R., Chiu, J., Zhang, L., & Young, S. D. (2016). A literature review: website design and user engagement. Online journal of communication and media technologies, 6(3), 1. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4974011/
- Goncalves, R., Martins, J., & Branco, F. (2014). A Review on the Portuguese Enterprises Web Accessibility Levels–A website accessibility high level improvement proposal. Procedia Computer Science, 27, 176-185. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2014.02.021
- García-Cabrera, A. M., Lucía-Casademunt, A. M., & Padilla-Angulo, L. (2020). Immigrants' entrepreneurial motivation in Europe: liabilities and assets. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEBR-01-2020-0042
- Gladkiy, S. User-Centered Design (2018). Process and Benefits. Retrieved from: https://producttribe.com/ux-design/user-centered-design-guide
- Hartomo, S., & Bakal, T. S. C. (2021, February). Analysis of usability and user experience on the batik’s website design. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 1072, No. 1, p. 012051). IOP Publishing. Retrieved from: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/1072/1/012051/pdf
- Holston, D. 8 (2014). Phases of the Web Design. Retrieved from: https://www.printmag.com/post/phases-of-the-web-design-process
- Hartomo, S.; Bakal, T. S. (2021) Analysis of usability and user experience on the batik’s website design. Materials Science and Engineering, 1072(1), 012051. Retrieved from: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/1072/1/012051/pdf
- Hashmi, Z. F., Dahar, M. A., & Sharif, A. (2019). Role of information and communication technology in motivating university undergraduate students towards a learning task in public sector universities of Rawalpindi city. International Educational Research, 2(2), p26-p35. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30560/ier.v2n2p26
- Hasley, J. P., & Gregg, D. G. (2010). An exploratory study of website information content. Journal of theoretical and applied electronic commerce research, 5(3), 27-38. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4067/S0718-18762010000300004
- Horiachko, A. (2019). 20 UX Deliverables & Methods You Should Include in Your Design Project. Retrieved from: https://www.softermii.com/blog/20-ux-deliverables-methods-you-should-include-in-your-design-project
- Hassenzahl, M. (2013). User experience and experience design. The Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction. Retrieved from: https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/book/the-encyclopedia-of-human-computer-interaction-2nd-ed/user-experience-and-experience-design
- Hosseini, Z., & Okkonen, J. (2021). Web-Based Learning for Cultural Adaptation: Constructing a Digital Portal for Persian Speaking Immigrants in Finland. In K. Arai (Ed.), Intelligent Computing - Proceedings of the 2021 Computing Conference (Vol. 1, pp. 930-945). (Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems; Vol. 283). Springer. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-80119-9_62
- Hosseini, Z. (2015a). Development of technological pedagogical content knowledge through constructionist activities. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 182, 98-103. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.04.743
- Hosseini, Z. (2015b). The Usage of Constructivism to Enhance Technology Integration Knowledge. Technology of Education Journal (TEJ), 10(1), 65-74. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22061/TEJ.2015.439
- Hosseini, Z. (2016). The Comparison between the Effect of Constructivism and Directed Instruction on Student Teachers’ Technology Integration. New Educational Approach. Journal of University of Isfahan, 10(2), 21-40 Retrieved from: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=574895
- Hosseini, Z., Hytönen, K., & Kinnunen, J. (2021). Introducing technological pedagogical content design: A model for transforming knowledge into practice. Knowledge Management & E-Learning, 13(4), 630–645. DOI: https://doi.org/10.34105/j.kmel.2021.13.031
- Hosseini, Z., Kinnunen, J. (2021). Pedagogy into Technology: A practical Paradigm. Education and New Developments 2021. pp. 450-410, inScience Press, Lisbon.DOI: https://doi.org/10.36315/2021end086
- Hosseini Z., Kinnunen J., Hytönen K. (2022a) Utilizing Technological Pedagogical Content (TPC) for Designing Public Service Websites. In: Nagar A.K., Jat D.S., Marín-Raventós G., Mishra D.K. (eds) Intelligent Sustainable Systems. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 334. Springer, Singapore. pp 129-137. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-6369-7_12
- Hosseini, Z. Hytönen, K. Kinnunen, J. (2022b). Improving Online Content Quality through Technological Pedagogical Content Design (TPCD). European Proceedings of Educational Sciences (in publishing). Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354059531
- Hosseini, Z., Hytönen, K., & Kinnunen, J. (2022c). The Pedagogical Aspect of Human-Computer Interaction in Designing: Pragmatic Examples. In H. Sharma, V. Kumar Vyas, R. Kumar Pandey, & M. Prasad (Eds.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Vision and Computing (ICIVC 2021) (pp. 366-376). (Proceedings in Adaptation, Learning and Optimization). Springer. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-97196-0_30
- Hosseini, Z. Hytönen, K. (2022). A pedagogical approach for socio-cultural inclusion: A study on immigrant entrepreneurs in Finland. Education and New Developments 2022 (forthcoming).
- Interaction Design Foundation (2020). User Centered Design. Retrieved from: https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/topics/user-centered-design
- Jun, S., Gentry, J. W., & Hyun, Y. J. (2001). Cultural adaptation of business expatriates in the host marketplace. Journal of International Business Studies, 32(2), 369-377. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490958
- Kinnunen, J., & Georgescu, I. (2020). Disruptive Pandemic as a Driver towards Digital Coaching in OECD Countries. Revista Romaneasca pentru Educatie Multidimensionala, 12(2Sup1), 55-61. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18662/rrem/12.2Sup1/289
- Longstreet, P., Brooks, S., Featherman, M. and Loiacono, E. (2021), Evaluating website quality: which decision criteria do consumers use to evaluate website quality? Information Technology & People, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/ITP-05-2020-0328.
- Lourensia, S., Setiawan, K., & Krestiawan, A. D. (2020, December). User Experience/User Interface Design; Raja Ampat Dive Resort Website. In The 2nd Tarumanagara International Conference on the Applications of Social Sciences and Humanities (TICASH 2020) (pp. 480-486). Atlantis Press. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.201209.074
- Merriam, S. B. (1988). Case study research in education: A qualitative approach. Jossey-Bass.
- Morville, P., & Sullenger, P. (2010). Ambient findability: libraries, serials, and the internet of things. The serials librarian, 58(1-4), 33-38. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03615261003622999
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers’ college record, 108(6), 1017-1054. Retrieved from: https://www.learntechlib.org/p/99246/
- Morville, P. (2005). Ambient findability: What we find changes who we become. O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Mtebe, J. S. (2019). Examining user experience of eLearning systems implemented in two universities in Tanzania. Interactive Technology and Smart Education. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/ITSE-05-2019-0025
- Norman, D. A. (1990). The Design of Everyday Things. Currency Doubleday, New York.
- Nielsen Norman Group. (2012). Thinking Aloud: The #1 Usability Tool. Nielsen Norman Group, Retrieved from: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/thinking-aloud-the-1-usability-tool/
- Phuong, N. N. D., & Dai Trang, T. T. (2018). Repurchase intention: The effect of service quality, system quality, information quality, and customer satisfaction as mediating role: a PLS approach of m-commerce ride hailing service in Vietnam. Marketing and Branding Research, 5(2), 78. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19237/MBR.2018.02.01
- Qalati, S. A., Vela, E. G., Li, W., Dakhan, S. A., Hong Thuy, T. T., & Merani, S. H. (2021). Effects of perceived service quality, website quality, and reputation on purchase intention: The mediating and moderating roles of trust and perceived risk in online shopping. Cogent Business & Management, 8(1). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/23311975.2020.1869363.
- Rohrer, C. (2014). When to use which user-experience research methods. Nielsen Norman Group, 1-7.
- Rocha, T., Martins, J., Branco, F., & Gonçalves, R. (2017). Evaluating youtube platform usability by people with intellectual disabilities (a user experience case study performed in a six-month period). Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 2(1), 5. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.20897/jisem.201705
- Sreedhar, G., Chari, A. A., & Ramana, V. V. (2010). Evaluating qualitative measures for effective website design. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, 2(01S), 61-68. Retrieved from: https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.163.3970&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Semerádová, T., & Weinlich, P. (2020). Factors Influencing User Experience. In Website Quality and Shopping Behavior (pp. 29-62). Springer, Cham.
- Sintawati, M., & Abdurrahman, G. (2020, April). The effectiveness of blended learning to improve pre-service teacher TPaCK in developing multimedia learning mathematics at elementary school. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1521, No. 3, p. 032014). IOP Publishing. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1521/3/032014
- Tan, G. W., & Wei, K. K. (2006). An empirical study of Web browsing behaviour: Towards an effective Website design. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 5(4), 261-271.
- Tarafdar, M., & Zhang, J. (2005). Analysis of critical website characteristics: A cross-category study of successful websites. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 46(2), 14-24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/08874417.2006.11645879
- Vila, T. D., González, E. A., Vila, N. A., & Brea, J. A. F. (2021). Indicators of Website Features in the User Experience of E-Tourism Search and Metasearch Engines. Journal of theoretical and applied electronic commerce research, 16(1), 18-36. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4067/S0718-18762021000100103
- Venkatesh, V., Thong, J. Y., & Xu, X. (2012). Consumer acceptance and use of information technology: extending the unified theory of acceptance and use of technology. MIS quarterly, 157-178. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/41410412
- Van Deventer, M., & Lues, H. (2020). Factors influencing Generation Y students’ satisfaction with university websites. Acta Universitatis Danubius. Œconomica, 16(6). 109-126. Retrieved from: https://dj.univ-danubius.ro/index.php/AUDOE/article/view/591
- Wang, D., Yang, Q., Abdul, A., & Lim, B. Y. (2019, May). Designing theory-driven user-centric explainable AI. In Proceedings of the 2019 CHI conference on human factors in computing systems (pp. 1-15). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3290605.3300831
- Weck, M., & Ivanova, M. (2013). The importance of cultural adaptation for the trust development within business relationships. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/08858621311302868.
- Wijaya, T. T., Tang, J., & Purnama, A. (2020, August). Developing an interactive mathematical learning media based on the tpack framework using the hawgent dynamic mathematics software. In International Conference for Emerging Technologies in Computing (pp. 318-328). Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-60036-5_24
- Zainal, Z. (2007). Case study as a research method. Jurnal kemanusiaan, 5(1). Retrieved from: https://jurnalkemanusiaan.utm.my/index.php/kemanusiaan/article/view/16